- Short Answers


Question by  kolohegirl68 (22)

What is involved with changing your name along with your citizenship?


Answer by  SallyJ64 (3121)

Those are two completely different processes. Changing your name is just a leagal process that anyone can do with enough time and money. Citizenship is more complicated


Answer by  askandyoushallreceive (658)

It is a great deal of work more than people think. Changing one's name is not as difficult though as changing your citizenship. To change one's name they must go to the court house. To change one's citizenship one must go to an embassy and there are tests and such which must be taken.


Answer by  spit (45)

You need to go to an FFA Flight Standards District Office and bring a photocopy of a valid legal document that verifies the name change. Same for citizenship.


Answer by  dr84bhl (2789)

When you change your name you can do so by filling out a registration document at your registration office for your area. You will have to pay a fee for this service. To change your citizenship you may have to apply to the embassy of the country you wish to live.


Answer by  Laura47 (138)

Not much, actually. The citizenship application asks whether you would like to change your name or not. If you decide to change your name, when you go to USCIS to take the citizenship exam they will have you fill out a change of name petition. Then, when you take the citizenship oath, the same judge will make it official.

You have 50 words left!