Question by  Percenter (11)

What doctor do I see for gallbladder problems?


Answer by  HawaiianGirl (6906)

You can visit your regualr health care provider whether they be a family physician, general practitioner, etc. Your doctor will than refer you to a specialist.


Answer by  mpartin (1600)

Typically your primary care doctor will diagnose any gallbladder problems that you may have. They will do a series of test to see if your condition requires the removal of the gallbladder. If so, then the primary care physician will refer you to a general surgeon for the procedure and advise you of that appointment.


Answer by  Amanda65 (1220)

If you already have diagnosed gallbladder problems, then you should be seeing a specialist. If your problems are not diagnosed, then see your general physician to be referred if necessary.


Answer by  mannersandsuch (1796)

First see your general physician because they can narrow down what is wrong so that you can figure out witch specialist to see. It could vary and your general doctor will be able to recommend you to the best one for you condition. This also helps with insurance as many require that you have recommendation.


Answer by  foodie213 (301)

Your primary care physician should be able to order testing for you. If your gallbladder requires surgical removal you will most likely be referred to a doctor practicing General Surgery.

You have 50 words left!