health conditions


Question by  ram00910 (29)

What are treatment options for an 8mm kidney stone?


Answer by  Ginny (2251)

This size stone can be passed, with the help of calcium channel blockers or alpha blockers, and pain medication. Drink lots of fluids, eight to ten glasses daily, preferably every two hours, but no grapefruit juice. Shock wave therapy is a common treatment that will break up stones to help them pass.


Answer by  pradhaprajgmailcom (1518)

Medical science has advanced to a great extent. The kidney stone in the past was a major problem but now it can be broken by using medicines with out surgery. Some other method is to use angiogram type of treatment to blast the stones without surgery. In siddha plaintain stem juice is advocated for a long time to cure it.


Answer by  localgirl808 (405)

You should see a doctor immediately. Since most kidney stones between 5 and 10 mm pass on their own, he or she will probably tell you to drink extra fluids and take ibuprofen. If it does not pass within a month, though, you may need to undergo surgery, shock wave treatment, or some other procedure to break up the stone.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

You should probably go to the doctor and have them catch it when you pass it. If it becomes to large they have to go in and remove it.

You have 50 words left!