health conditions


Question by  hiroshi (34)

What are the dangers of ingesting mold?

Is it that bad?


Answer by  jaimesgirl (1055)

Eating mold can sometimes be harmful. Penicillin, however, is a mold, and it is not harmful, unless you are allergic to it. If you suspect that you have eaten mold, and are having nausea, vomiting, or a fever, call your doctor or go to the emergency room. Most likely, however, you will not have a reaction.


Answer by  John (9008)

Mold is almost everywhere, and we ingest it every day without knowing it. That being said, there are some types of mold that can be poisonous. Usually, it is nothing to worry about, but it is possible to get sick if you ingest the wrong kind.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Yes. Mold is very dangerous. If you have mold in your home you should get an inspector out right away. It may be too dangerous to live in the home with the mold. You can develop tons of breathing and lung issues from ingesting mold.


Answer by  JSmith0330 (616)

How much mold was ingested? was it from food or where. If you feel that some one has ingested mold I would contact my doctor and discusses the concerns with them I hope that helps.

You have 50 words left!