Question by  MPyles (201)

I have a hard lump on the top of my hand, what should I do?


Answer by  annie52foof (1459)

I had a hard lump on the top of my hand at one time too. It lasted a very long time. It ended up being what they called a gangleon cist which is a cist made from calcium deposits. In time it went away on it's own. But you should have it checked out by a doctor to be sure.


Answer by  Jaggers (1018)

You indicated that this is a hard lump which would make it less desirable that a soft one. Some lumps can be very attractive and losing them could cause some distress. Unless you have strong emotional ties to this lump then removing it should be a desirable thing to do.


Answer by  Mary39 (521)

I would definitely make an appointment to see a doctor. Many times our bodies produce cysts that are filled with a pus or can be a calcium cyst. They may biopsy the lump as well just to rule out that it is not cancerous. Many times these lumps are removed and are benign.


Answer by  lbj (132)

You should have the lesion evaluated by your primary doctor or a specialist. Lumps that are growing or changing need to be evaluated more urgently.

You have 50 words left!