Pig manure is an excellent fertilizer after composting when you consider the nutrients and the ability to add organic material to the soil. However, pigs share a fair number of intestinal parasites with humans and can pose a health risk to those exposed to manure, fresh or composted.
Pig manure is infested with disease and harmful bacteria. It could hurt you or your pets if used in the garden. There are commercial application of pig manure being used but it is processed to remove the potentially dangerous substances before it is used.
Pig manure is an excellent fertilizer. It improves soil quality dramatically through time. It also allows the soil to absorb water more efficiently. Pig manure also makes tilling the soil much easier after applying.
You should not use it as fertilizer because pig manure contains parasites that are harmful to humans. It is used in commercial fertilizers but it has been treated to remove bacteria and parasites. No one is sure how well this process destroys parasites in the commercial variety and most people wont use it.
It is strongly advised not to use pig manure as a fertilizer for the home gardens. This is disease prone and bring in parasites into the home gardens. But when the fertilizer is used commercially in agriculture, it is treated for the parasites before application. The germs never die completely even after six months of composting.
whether pig manure dangerous or not as a fertilizer is depend on how the pig is treated. It depends on what they eat, how the farmer clean them, how clean is the environment surround them. we also can choose what type of plant we want to fertilize it with.
growing up this is all we use to fertilizer are garden we had 50 pigs at one time and we spread it in the garden then plowed it under and kept doing this and are garder was beautiful just smell pretty bad but it work good
Do not ever use pig manure as fertilizer it will kill everything around it and after that the only thing you will be able to get to grow is what is called pig weed and you cannot kill that mess once it gets a hold the best thing to do with it is have it hauled away.
i have used it for years along with chicken but i was looking for more info on application rates so here's some info that may help some 1 on this site soil.ncsu.edu/publications/Soilfacts/AG-439-04/, but if you still think you will fall over dead from using it just go pay for fertilizer
Im looking at this page to try and get some more understanding about an issue. it is a real shame when sad little people who really don't have the slightest idea about much that goes on in the world post comments based on something they saw on morning TV.