Question by  drA (22)

How do you get rid of an abusive boyfriend?

I think he'll come after me if I dump him.


Answer by  Kurt (4579)

It depends on how abusive he is. If necessary, you may have to get a restraining order to keep him away from you. You may want to stay with either friends or family for a cooling off period for safety reasons.


Answer by  butterflyblonde (250)

Get help! Contact your local women's shelter or even the police and let them know of your concern. A restraining order might be enough to scare him off, but if not you will want law enforcement aware of your concern.


Answer by  alz (2329)

You should go to the authorities and have a restraining order put on him. They can offer you advice and protection because I am sure that he can be scary. However, do not continue to be with him because you are scared of him. It will keep escalating and get worse.


Answer by  Zoe (2369)

Visit a site like Pandys (Pandora's Aquarium) for emotional support. Have friends stay with you and be with you when you dump him and file a stalking or restraining order.


Answer by  barkabarkabark (15)

Find a safe place to stay, a friends house or your parents house, and contact the police. There are programs available that ensure your safety and protection.

You have 50 words left!