Question by  glow (120)

How do I enforce a paternity test on the father of my child?


Answer by  patti (29325)

You cannot enforce a paternity test. Go to court and file a motion to determine paternity. The court will notify the father and he will be required to appear. The judge will order the test and, in the event of refusal, will issue a warrant for the individual and have him jailed. The court does the enforcing.


Answer by  SashaDarkCloud (5764)

If you are bringing him to court on a child custody or support case and he is saying that he is not the father, the judge will tell him to get a paternity test anyway. That way he can prove that he is not responsible for the creation of your children.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

You will need a court order to enforce this if he will not do this voluntarily, If you are receiving state's assistance the Dept of Human Services may often do this for you in order to enforce support.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

You can request the paternity test if you think someone else is the father. If the man paying support is not the father, you will need to track that person down for child support. Consider having paternity testing done with the suspected father, if he is more willing that the legal father.

You have 50 words left!